Monday 22 February 2010

Prezzo is No-go

Well, I suppose blogs are for ravings and rantings. So here is some bile. In between teaching classes today, I was famished and sat down in a Prezzo across from Euston Station. The waiter had been somewhat ambivalent showing me to my table. He slapped a menu down and off he went. I thought nothing of this, I've certainly encountered worse. I sent a text, had a long look at the menu, decided I'd like a salad, and then looked at a programme to an awful show I'd recently seen. After a while, I realized that, considering the restaurant had morgue-like levels of activity, it was quite surprising that no one had come to offer me a drink let alone take notice of my closed menu that signaled that I'd like to maybe order some day soon. I saw what looked like the entire staff of the restaurant huddled around a table. There wasn't the slightest indication of a thought in my direction from the huddle. Pressed for time, I got up, threw on my coat and dramatically wound my scarf around my neck as I grabbed my back pack. No reaction from the herd. So out the door I went and Prezzo is now a no-go. I guess this is what their website means by "relaxed" service. It would appear I am not alone in my feelings from a glance at london-eating.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment